- Education: BTech IIT Delhi; MBA ISB Hyderabad
- Specialization: Set-up and scale-up of ventures in education domain, general management, operations
- Registrar and Founding Project Director, Ashoka University: Set-up and operationalised the university and it’s flagship post-graduate and under-graduate programs, build the brand, created key processes
- Registrar, BML Munjal University: Administration, set-up of systems and processes, regulatory issues
- Field Engineer, Schlumberger Oilfield Services (Middle East, South East Asia, USA, Japan)
- Business Manager at a start-up in Delhi: stabilized the business and set it on a growth track
- Senior Manager Corporate Strategy and Business Head, The Telegraph in Schools, ABP Group: Turned around a business unit and planned strategic initiatives for the corporation
Aman has a BTech from IIT Delhi and MBA from Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad. With a total experience of over sixteen years, he has worked with organizations like Schlumberger, IYC World, ABP (Anandabazar Patrika), BML Munjal University and Ashoka University.
As the Founding Project Director of Ashoka University he put together the road-map and led the set-up and launch of University from 2008-2015. During this period, he conceptualized and launched the Young India Fellowship Programme, helped secure the land and regulatory clearances for the university from Haryana Govt. and facilitated international partnerships with University of Pennsylvania and Carleton College. He also provided strategic oversight for design of all academic and administrative processes, recruitment of key staff members and design and set-up of the campus infrastructure. He was responsible for conceptualizing and building the Ashoka brand and anchored the outreach and admissions functions of the university.
Education sector specialist with seventeen years of experience
As the Founding Registrar of the university, he set up the governance structure and constituted all critical statutory bodies and committees as per statutory and operational requirements. He also led the scripting of the first rules and regulations that govern the university and organised the successful inspection by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2014.
From 2015-2016, he was also briefly involved with BML Munjal University as its Registrar where he set-up the governance structure, systems and processes and anchored the inspection by UGC and AICTE. Additionally, he set-up the Student Life structure at the university. The new structure ushered in a new culture in the university.
From 2003 to 2008 he worked at ABP and IYCWorld where he was involved in managing business units, in the education vertical, with profit and loss responsibilities.
Prior to that and in his first professional engagement after graduating from college in the year 2000, he was a Field Engineer with Schlumberger Oilfield Services where he worked for various oil companies in providing real-time ‘Drilling and Measurement Services’ on off-shore rigs in Indonesia, Japan, Middle East and USA.
Aman stays in Gurgaon with his wife Smita Polite and their daughter Anjali Polite. He is an ardent believer in a yogic lifestyle and he is closely associated with the Bihar School of Yoga, Munger.